“I’m Looking for Abortion Information in Elmhurst”
While looking for abortion information in Elmhurst or surrounding areas, it can be difficult to know where to start. Perhaps you just found out you are pregnant and you’re considering your options. Maybe you know you want to have an abortion, but you aren’t sure where to go or how to begin taking the next steps. When considering an abortion, it’s important to find accurate, reliable information.
Looking for abortion information in Elmhurst? Avenue Women’s Center is here to help. Our free consultations will provide you with helpful information on all of your pregnancy options, including abortion. We have five centers throughout DuPage County, including one conveniently located in downtown Elmhurst near the intersection of 3rd Street and York Street. Call, chat, email, or text for an appointment today!
When searching for abortion information, it can be helpful to ask the following questions:
1. What are the important pieces of abortion information I need to know?
Several aspects of abortion are beneficial to research. Abortion can often feel like a big decision, and you’ll want to take some time learning more about it before deciding. A few questions for consideration might be:
- What are the different types of abortion options?
- What are the potential physical or emotional risks?
- How much does it cost?
- If I decide to go through with an abortion, what type of licensing does the clinic have?
- What are the abortion after-care steps?
2. As I’m looking for abortion information, how do I know what’s accurate or reliable?
In a world where so much information is always at our fingertips, it can be difficult to know which sources to focus our attention on and which ones to disregard. It’s often challenging to discern if a source is someone’s opinion or if it is backed by factual evidence. In researching abortion, it’s especially important to take a closer look at the source of information.
Here are some helpful tips to keep in mind:
- Does the information have references to medical studies or reputable health organizations?
- Is the source an opinion piece from someone’s personal experience? If so, that is something to keep in mind. We learn from others who share what they have gone through. However, it’s important to remember that every person’s experience is unique. How someone else was affected by an abortion may not indicate that you’ll be affected in the same way.
- Don’t let websites be the end of your research on abortion. Talk with a trusted medical professional, a therapist or counselor, or an expert at a pregnancy center. Taking time to gather more information in person can often be beneficial to the decision-making process.
Let Avenue Women’s Center be your next step in learning more. We provide abortion information in a caring, nonjudgmental environment. Our expert client advocates give you an opportunity to ask specific questions and process through any concerns you may have. If you’re looking for abortion information in Elmhurst or surrounding areas, contact us today. Same-day appointments or walk-ins are available. Find out what you need to know today!